The Sanskri name is Muladhara.
It's is the first or the Root Chakra.
It's the Root Chakra because it grounds you with the Earth.
This chakra locates at the base of the spine. The gonadal glands are associated with this chakra.
This chakra connects you with your basic survival needs, procreation, interest in life, and sex drive.
It's associated with your feelings of safety and security, both physical and metaphorical.
- It includes your basic needs such as food, water, and shelter, as well as your emotional needs.
It causes your survival instincts, your fight or flight response.
- When it's balanced, you feel grounded, secure, and at peace with the world.
- When it's unbalanced, it causes insecurity, restlessness, and eager feelings.
- When it's overactive, it causes feelings of anxiety, panic, and fear because it's based on your basic need to survive, which may feel threatened.
- When it's underactive, it makes you don't take care of your survival needs. So you never worry about basic things like food. Sometimes you disconnect with reality and leave your head in the clouds.