Pedro Arantesrose
ArticlesContactNow

Pareto Paradox

Pareto Paradox states that there are usually more opportunities in the undermanaged 80% than the overmanaged 20%.
#pareto-principle
Zettelkasten, July 02, 2021 (changes)

Notes

  • Because of the Pareto Principle, we tend to overmanage the 20% high payoff causes and undermanage the remaining 80%. This management leads to what we might call the Pareto Paradox.

  • Pareto Paradox states that there are usually more opportunities for undermanaged 80% than the overmanaged 20%.

  • It's a decision mental model because it helps you decide how to manage the tasks of your job to get more potential opportunities.

References

RecommendationsDo you want to see all posts instead?
Pareto Principle
The Pareto Principle states that roughly 80% of the consequences come from 20% of the causes for many outcomes.
Zettelkasten, July 02, 2021
Decision Mental Models
Decision mental models are models that are used to make a decision.
Zettelkasten, April 22, 2021
Last Mile in a Software Project
These final adjustments can have fewer tasks compared with the core, but it is the laborious part, then the time to finish it is almost as the core time implementation.
Articles, March 22, 2021
Reading time: 5 minutes
Radical Delegation Framework
This framework helps you assign and do work that must be done.
Zettelkasten, June 09, 2021
Accountability Psychological Trigger
You need accountability to build up credibility. So you have to do things under your name as much as possible, with risky.
Zettelkasten, August 18, 2021
Mental Models
Mental models are frameworks, worldviews, representations, or explanations of how something works. They're how we understand the world.
Zettelkasten, April 06, 2021
Purposeful Stupidity
"Citizen-saboteurs" learned those instructions to sabotage organizations or governments institutions.
Zettelkasten, September 19, 2021

Newsletter

Every Tuesday, I publish my most recent readings and thoughts. Subscribe to my newsletter if you want to follow topics about #startups, #mental-models, #cryptocurrencies, and more. You can also check my past issues on Revue.

By subscribing, you agree with Revue’s Terms and Privacy Policy