Information and Digital Content in Modern Society
- People are becoming more digital in modern society.
- We spend more time on the Internet than on TVs or newspapers.
- People use the Internet to connect to others, entertainment, or to be informed.
- The digital content that informs has three levels of relevance, to the less to more relevant:
- Only informs.
- Informs and does some analysis.
- Informs, does some analysis and gives a recommendation.
- If you want to increase the importance of your content, you may add some psychological trigger, also described as psychology of selling by Robert B. Cialdini, Ph.D.
- For instance, if the content author is an authority, his/her recommendation will have more relevance.
Recommended PostsDo you want to see all posts instead?
The Evolution of Anxiety
Flow State (Psychology)
Chunking and Memory