- You read actively, not passively.
- You constantly ask questions to yourself about what you're reading.
- "Can I explain it to a 12 years old child?"
- "Can I associate this with some other subject?"
- "How can this can be applied to my life?"
- You try every time to make connections with another subject.
- Slows down your speed reading because you need more time to engage with the material.
- You expand your knowledge base because you send more information to your long-term memory.
How can I know that I'm reading/studying metacognitively?
Which other areas besides reading can I perform metacognitively?