Also known as venture building, startup factory, startup foundry, or venture studio.
It's an organization that creates startups following a repetitive process. It acts as a co-founder to startups.
The products of Startup Studios are startups.
A Studio must have its thesis to get focus on.
- A Studio thesis is principles to be followed in every decision making.
- Examples of thesis:
- Improving healthcare.
- Improving the ways of payments.
- Building AI-powered products.
- Without a thesis, Studios may become overwhelmed and lose cost-saving efficiencies.
- This makes Studios valuable.
Studios make money through startup exits.
Studios may help early stage-startups in technology, operations, management, financial... fields. Is it a good strategy they assume the role of CEO of a startup?
How important is the team of a Startup Studio?
How many startups can a Startup Studio manage at the same time?