- Also known as **venture building**, **startup factory**, **startup foundry**, or **venture studio**.
- It's an organization that creates startups following a repetitive process. It acts as a co-founder to startups.
- Besides providing funding for early-stage startups (as a [venture capital](/zettel/venture-capital) do), Studios will also assign members of their team to help the original founding team build the startup.
- Because of this, Studios take more equity than [venture capitals](/zettel/venture-capital).
- The products of Startup Studios are startups.
- Some Studios:
- [Pioneer Square Labs](https://www.psl.com/).
- [Rocket Internet](https://www.rocket-internet.com/).
- **A Studio must have its thesis to get focus on**.
- A Studio thesis is principles to be followed in every decision making.
- Examples of thesis:
- Improving healthcare.
- Improving the ways of payments.
- Building AI-powered products.
- Without a thesis, Studios may become overwhelmed and lose cost-saving efficiencies.
- This makes Studios valuable.
- Studios make money through startup exits.
- Studios may help early stage-startups in technology, operations, management, financial... fields. Is it a good strategy they assume the role of CEO of a startup?
- How important is the team of a Startup Studio?
- How many startups can a Startup Studio manage at the same time?
- What are the differences between Studios and [startup incubator](/zettel/startup-incubator)? And [startup accelerator](/zettel/startup-accelerator)? And [venture capital](/zettel/venture-capital)?
- [Dianna Lesage. 10 Most Frequently Asked Questions About Startup Studios](https://roamy.medium.com/10-most-frequently-asked-questions-about-startup-studios-b41b8ad0a597)
- [Wikipedia. Startup Studio](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Startup_studio)
- [Venture Building's Startups Problems](/zettel/venture-building-s-startups-problems)