The MILES framework is a tool to help you identify your unfair advantages. It'll help you find your strengths and weaknesses and which ones you should leverage and focus on to increase your chances of success.
The categories of the MILES Framework are:
- Money is the capital you have or that you can quickly raise.
- Intelligence and Insights include "book smarts," social and emotional intelligence, as well as creativity.
- Location and Luck are about being in the right place at the right time.
- Education and Expertise are both your formal schooling and self-learning, which gives you intellectual and technical know-how.
- Status is your social status, including your network and connections.
If the founding team has a combination of Money, Intelligence and Insights, Location and Luck, Education and Expertise, and Status, they have a real Unfair Advantage.