Queue capacity utilization is the amount of time the service process is working (not idle).
Percent capacity utilization and percent queue time are identical for a random queue.
- If you operate an queue at percent utilization, you're choosing to use percent queue time.
It's hard to measure capacity utilization directly.
- The Principles of Product Development Flow
- Capacity Utilization Increases Queues Exponentially
- Demand-Focused Approaches to Control WIP
- Effects of Set a Limit on WIP (Work in Process)
- Enhance the Effectiveness of WIP Constraints by Cross-Training Workers
- High-States/Congested Queues
- Kanban Pull Principle
- Most of the Damage Done by a Queue Is Caused by High-Queues States
- Queue Capacity Utilization Allows You to Predict Many Queues Characteristics
- Slack and Queue Capacity Utilization Are Correlated
- Theory of Constraints (TOC) - Elevating the Constraint
- When Response Time Is Important, Measure Response Time
- Work in Process (WIP)