- If you're focused on something, your unconscious mind supports you in what you're focusing on.
- It creates ideas and thought patterns you wouldn't have otherwise.
- Even your physiology will respond to an image in your head as if it were reality.
- The forward-looking focus has even been a critical element in Olympic-level sports training.
- Athletes imagine the physical effort, the positive energy, and the successful result to ensure the highest level of unconscious support for their performance.
- Automatic and extraordinary things happen in your mind when you create and focus on a clear picture of what you want.
> Your automatic creative mechanism is teleological. That is, it operates in terms of goals and end results. Once you give it a definite goal to achieve, you can depend upon its automatic guidance system to take you to that goal much better than "you" ever could by conscious thought. "You" supply the goal by thinking in terms of end results. Your automatic mechanism then supplies the means whereby. **Maxwell Maltz.**
- [David Allen. Getting Things Done. Chapter 3](/books/getting-things-done#chapter-3-getting-projects-creatively-under-way-the-five-phases-of-project-planning)