Pedro Arantes
BlogContactNow

Pareto Paradox

Pareto Paradox states that there are usually more opportunities in the undermanaged 80% than the overmanaged 20%.
#pareto-principle
Zettelkasten, July 02, 2021
## Notes - Because of the [Pareto Principle](/zettel/pareto-principle), we tend to overmanage the 20% high payoff causes and undermanage the remaining 80%. This management leads to what we might call the **Pareto Paradox**. - **Pareto Paradox** states that there are usually more opportunities for undermanaged 80% than the overmanaged 20%. - It's a [decision mental model](/zettel/decision-mental-models) because it helps you decide how to manage the tasks of your job to get more potential opportunities. ## References - [The Principles of Product Development Flow](/books/the-principles-of-product-development-flow).
RecommendationsDo you want to see all posts instead?
Pareto Principle
Newsletter

On Tuesday (not weekly), I publish my most recent readings and thoughts. Subscribe to my newsletter if you want to follow posts about #startups, #product-development, #mental-models, and more topics. You can also check my past issues on Revue.

By subscribing, you agree with Revue’s Terms and Privacy Policy